14 August 2010

SCHOOL JERKS // NEGATIVE LIFESTYLE


I went to a punk show tonight...honestly I didn't really care for the bands, though STATUTORY APE was pretty bad ass, and the last one was OK, though I only liked them when they played a New Order cover which probably makes me way less punk but I'm comfortable with that (also, FRESH FLESH was awesome, but that costs me even more punk points, so I'll talk about it in a future post). The show was awesome though, awesome and punk as shit, and it made me happy to live in this town. A dude did a stupid drunk thing at the end of the night, and another dude got super pissed, and it was awesome...not awesome that one dude did stupid drunk shit, and not awesome that another dude got pissed, but it was the reaction that ruled. Basically there's this one dude who is punk as shit and anything goes with him and everything is cool with him, but then this other dude crossed the line and the first dude just fukkn snapped and it was rad as shit because it was right. The dude should have snapped because the other dude was being an idiot, and that is why punk rules - because everything really IS cool until you selfishly shit on someone else's parade, man. Fuck the system, fuck the state, fuck the man....just don't fuck up my shit, because then I have to clean it up tomorrow and where the fuck will you be? Not here helping me, that's where. None of this has anything to do with today's killer post, but it's all important in the world. But what is important to you is that Canada's SCHOOL JERKS made a brilliant split cassette with Sweden's NEGATIVE LIFESTLYE earlier this year, and these six songs will likely make up the best 6.5 minutes of your pathetic Saturday. What...you were gonna plant things in the garden? That ain't punk. Gonna drink at the bar? That doesn't rock. Were you gonna go to Thrillhouse and fix the broken window? Well if you were then you are punk and you deserve a backslap, but I don't think you were, so waste your day listening to this fukkn raw garage punk rawk.

(real imaginative tape design, huh?)

4 comments:

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

I'LL HAVE TO CHECK MORE FROM NEGATIVE LIFESTYLE YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT BLACK STAR RISING THERE ANOTHERE SWEDISH BAND DID CARE FOR SCHOOL JERKS BUT IVE NEVER LIKE MUCH PUNK FROM CANADA EXCEPT FOR SCUM AND D.O.A.

Anonymous said...

you one hell of a great blog. you wouldn't happen to have any demos by the band death zone or the bristles the swedish band not the us one.

tony

the wizard said...

never heard BLACK STAR RISING, never heard DEATH ZONE, and don't have any demos from THE BRISTLES. Shit, I guess I need to get out more!!

thanks for the kind words...

Carl Crass said...

School Jerks have some U.S. shows coming up in September