25 August 2010

GREEN BERET


Boston has never had a shortage of great punk and hardcore, but lately the shit has just blown up there, and add GREEN BERET to the list. I remember when I listened to the first few FUCKED UP singles, and it sounded like I was listening to hardcore but then when I paid attention to the songs it was clear that I was just blasting good old fashioned punk rock....well GREEN BERET comes off like a fast catchy punk band, but when you dig into these tunes, you'll find raging fist in the air käng hiding beneath the clean guitars and garage tinged recording. It's a rather bizarre conundrum - this is absolutely a TOTALITÄR or UNCURBED style Swedish DBeat assault, but it's just a little slower and delivered with clean and stripped down guitars so that it has a garage vibe that is addictive as hell. If you like these songs, then I suggest you buy your own copy from Side Two, and you'll probably find a lot of other good shit there as well.



4 comments:

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

it's nice to know boston still has a punk sceene lived there in the late 80's early 90's.fuck boston was violent place then had to leave becuase of it.

Anonymous said...

another awesome demo. thx for all the quality scans too. def a couple on here i wanna steal for screen printing.

the wizard said...

Screen printing, huh? I typically wear U.S. size Medium, just let me know when you need my address.

exmorbidroadie said...

simply amazing, love this band, anyone got live material?