21 August 2010

NUCLEAR FAMILY


Sometimes you don't have to push boundaries, you don't have to break new ground, you don't even need to do something different - you just have to do it right. That's what Albany's NUCLEAR FAMILY do, and I watched 'em do it last night. I'm going to watch them do it again tonight too, just a short walk from my front door (the pleasures of urban living). Jen's vocals and Zach's guitar don't compete for your attention, but they do both command it from start to finish, and it's easy to alternately get wowed by either - so simple, but flawless. I posted their 2009 demo last year, and today I give you the six song burner from 2007. Favorite tunes: "Believer's Voice In Victory" (vocals rule) and "More Of The Same" (guitars rule). 

NUCLEAR FAMILY 2007

If you live in the Bay Area, go see NUCLEAR FAMILY, DAYLIGHT ROBBERY, BRILLIANT COLORS, NEONATES and AIRFIX KITS today in a backyard around the corner from Thrillhouse Records. Shit starts at 4, and it will be great.

4 comments:

abdul alhazred said...

Nuclear Family is great! Thanks for posting this, I've not heard it. Very excited.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the post.

Anonymous said...

could you please reupload this please?

the wizard said...

Afraid this one is gone until I unearth some old tape boxes. I have re-iupped the 2009 demo for your listening pleasure.