28 August 2010

ENSORCELOR


"Hey, you're that dude that does that blog, aren't you?" "Yeah," I say. "If I give you our tape, will you put it on there?" "Sure," I reply. But in my mind I think: "Only if it's good, I value my dear followers far too much to bore them with some schlock. If I'm going to put up some crap, it's gotta to be historically relevant, so bad it's funny, or filed under the dreaded 'not my cup of tea' category, but if the shit is just regular old run of the mill crap, then I ain't wasting my time." I mean...that's reasonable, right? If I put music on the internerd for others to enjoy, then I think it has merit - at least to someone - otherwise there would be no point. I don't mean to seem rude, I just like to maintain a certain level of quality, or at least uniqueness. Well, luckily for these friendly Canadians, their tape rules, and here it is. ENSORCELOR define the word 'epic,' and manage to slog through just three pieces on this demo, but the tunes they crank out are packed with doom laden depression, ethereal black metal vocals, and enough swells and build ups to last you all weekend. 36 minutes of dark and seriously sinister music, haunting and crushing and teetering ever so precariously on the edge of over indulgence...while never falling into the abyss. Nods to the quiet introspective parts of the ISIS catalog mingle liberal doses of modern crushing Eurocrust and blackened doom, all to manufacture a spectacularly bleak soundtrack. This tape comes courtesy of Gay Scientist, a new label who have certainly started off on the right foot with this release.



5 comments:

Aesop said...

We played with them in Montreal, they were excellent and unlike Nightgaun, they were not dicks.

Media Tree said...

This demo was also originally released by Media Tree recordings (http://mediatreerecordings.blogspot.com/) as a cdr, and will be available on cassette from them as well within the next 2 weeks!

not dicks!

Anonymous said...

that album art is SO SICK

Sophie said...

best band

trAsh said...

UGGGGHHHH! sooooo sick!