19 August 2012

STARES


These dudes make their magic in the room across from me in a basement on Turk St. in one of this fine city's more decrepit neighborhoods. The sounds are intriguing, even through two closed doors, and the couple of times I've seen them I was quite impressed. Then I finally listened to the tape the singer gave me an embarrassingly long time ago...STARES make some of the meanest music I have ever heard. The disgust conveyed through their complete annihilation of sound is only rivaled by the frustrated and painful isolation in their words. Dark shit delivered with fierce honesty.



3 comments:

Arekusu said...

Damn, thanks for posting this! I bought this cassette from the guitarist at a house show at their apartment a year or two ago. Great show, great band, and now I have the MP3s! Thanks

Anonymous said...

hey the links down and im really interested

the wizard said...

re-upped