01 December 2009

KINIT HER

This tape comes as close to being indescribable as just about anything I've heard in a long long time.  An airy recording places most of the instruments in a cloud of sound that envelops you, rather than just presenting music for your enjoyment.  The vocals were a bit off putting at first, falling somewhere between COCTEAU TWINS (the second mention of this band in two days) and THE CHIPMUNKS, but by the end of the first track I was mesmerized.  So many elements on As Magi just don't seem like they should work together, but they do so perfectly, and now I find myself with a new obsession.  Check them out (here) after you download this Tuesday morning oddness.

7 comments:

TLALOC said...

I'm loving what I hear, but it appears track B2 is corrupt. Or so it says when I attempt to unzip it.

the wizard said...

With my apologies, this tape has been re-ripped and re-zipped for your listening pleasure. Keep on loving it!

TLALOC said...

Wow, thanks a ton man. Great blog you've got.

MW said...

I was thinking of buying these guys discography since I liked what I heard on Myspace, just wanted to make sure it's not shit and found this blog. With the tagline "Tapes. Tapes." etc. etc. you've got me hooked.

It's like my friend's apartment. He's got hundreds of tapes. They're all shit, some of them are shit to the point of hilarity. I mean, he has Russian BM demos from the mid 90s, recorded in MONO.

Anonymous said...

Thank you!

MieN said...

I've been looking for this tape for a few days now, and you're the only one I've managed to find who has it.
Much to my dismay your upload seems to be dead. Would you mind reuploading it?

Thank you.

Anonymous said...

Is it possible to re-up this tape?