04 January 2010

FUCKBOYZ


The nice gentleman who runs Cosmic Hearse slipped this to me in San Jose a couple of months back in hopes that I would share it here, and I hate to let a good man down (though my friends might argue that contention).  FUCKBOYZ were Florida's finest export to the west coast, and in between taking drugs and breaking hearts, they managed to record a few amazing songs and get themselves threatened by the mob (something about a girl...someone's daughter or some shit).  Raucous and brilliant punk rock from the folks who would later bring us HICKEY and YOGURT (they brought us other shit as well, but bringing OFF DA PIGS and AGALLOCH into this discussion might only serve to confuse things). These songs are great, and I really wish I had been around to see FUCKBOYZ (though had I been here for that, then I would have missed ILLEGITIMATE SONS OF JACKIE O and innumerable GLUE shows back where I came from, so I guess it's kindof a wash), but I consider myself lucky to call half of the band my friends, and even the "Melt With You" cover is pretty awesome. Enjoy your week.


 

9 comments:

Mike Desert said...

Thanks for rippin this!I just posted some Fuckboyz in response.

the wizard said...

cheers mike...that live tape looks fukkn great or hilarious or a waste of time or all of the above! ima go get me a copy right the fukk now. thanks!

Aesop said...

Thanks, Robert.

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late to the party, so to speak, but is this still available for download? The link tells me the file is deleted or invalid.

the wizard said...

Rectified. Doesn't matter what time you pull up at the party, as long as you show up.

Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Could you re-upload again as Mediafire have deleted it? Thanks :-)

Anonymous said...

The link is dead, any chance of a re-post please?

the wizard said...

re-upped