16 December 2010

NEON PISS


NEON PISS are so fukkn good. Every song reminds me of something that I can't quite put my finger on, and still all of them sound entirely original. At different moments during my first listen, I clearly heard elements of COMPLICATIONS, NO HOPE FOR THE KIDS, JAY REATARD, WIPERS and others, but I stopped listening for references (in fact I stopped everything I was doing) and just listened. Three times in a row. This is easily the best demo I've stumbled across in ages (though technically it stumbled into my hands, but my point was simply that I had no preconceptions and no idea what to expect) - every second of this tape is catchy as hell and there is not a genre catch phrase to sum them up...it's just sincere punk rock. I like sincere punk rock and I look forward to seeing NEON PISS tonight...San Franciscans do yourself a favor:






16 comments:

abdul alhazred said...

Weird, I just got one of these today. Haven't even listened to it yet.

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

remind me of stiff little fingers a and the ruts

Civil War Syndrome said...

I need this cassette! Through the roof good.

Civil War Syndrome said...

Also, I guess I need to be more clear. I need this tape and I don't know how to contact the band. Thanks.

Nate said...

YES!!! This is amazing stuff! I also would like a copy of this tape, and I also would like to know how to contct the band. Thanks for this one, and thanks for all the other ones too!

Clint B said...

Just listened to it. It totally is that good. I'm gonna go see them tonight.

Dk said...

If should I die anytime soon - I would have died fullfilled at having heard this.

Anonymous said...

Came for their name, stayed for their music. This is terrific.

NO BEAST SO FIERCE said...

AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU!!!!
NBSF

Anonymous said...

contact for the band to get a copy of the tape?

Anonymous said...

i'm going to kill someone if i don't get a copy of this tape

the wizard said...

pissingneonpiss@gmail.com
or c/o K. King, PO Box 72471, Oakland CA 94612

They were great last night, by the way...

Anonymous said...

We are about to put up a blog at neonpiss.blogspot.com

Birkir said...

This is so damn good! It's bands like this that make my put my "nothing new" in my pipe and smoke it. No matter. This is just propper, well written and executed music. Been spinning this all day.

Again, wanna thank you for a great blog in general. It's murderinf my itunes!

Anonymous said...

still can't stop listening to this...

billy feene said...

wort the frik this rools i bet these fools are sooo old.
no hope for the kids, wipers (not the band but people who actually wipe), bay shitty lolers, happy homo's, and other med/fast min key shit from europe with tight jeans and a decent dick. farg yas at dis!