20 September 2011

SYNTHETIC ID


There's a new best band in San Francisco. I know I say that a lot, but I mean it every time. SYNTHETIC ID play jerky and genuine jams for fans of WIPERS, THE FALL, PERE UBU and OBSERVERS. "Throwaway" is among the greatest songs I've heard in years - this three song banger is angular and deliberate, and the guitars are brilliant. Speaking of guitars, they are handled by the most understated and prolific musicians I've ever come across, who is also a contributing member of FACE THE RAIL, ECOLI, YADOKAI, and HUNTING PARTY. This demo is short, to be sure, but so very sweet.


12 comments:

jason said...

awesome songs.

jason said...

did it come with lyrics?

Unknown said...

Yeah it comes with lyrics. I scanned them: http://s.dsimg.com/image/R-3022634-1312156214.jpeg

Got this on the FTR tour, such a good tape. If people knew who else was in this band they would flip out.

jason said...

thanks for sharing that insert

ryan said...

awesome! do you know if any copies of these are still available?

geoff said...

fuuuck! This is insanely good.

did anyone find out if there are copies???

Anonymous said...

killer

Gábriel said...

awesome!

Gábriel said...

awesome!

the wizard said...

I don't know if there are more copies floating around (as I mentioned, my copy was numbered out of a shockingly low run of 40) - email the band and best of luck: synthid2crucial(at)gmail(dot)com

Flo said...

there will be a 7" version of this one bein' out soon.

NOXIOUSPRICK said...

by the way, this is now out as a 7" & it is insanely killer. i just wrote to the band. get you some!

http://www.synthid.blogspot.com/