26 April 2010

ACEPHALIX


The 2008 demo from San Francisco's ACEPHALIX. I've seen them play punk shows, and they confuse the crowd because the music they deliver is metal. I've seen them play metal shows, and they confuse the crowd because they are punks. But every time I see them they improve, and I've heard their upcoming LP and it is a fucking monster.  Since this demo, ACEPHALIX has changed line-ups a few times, most notable is the absence of the female vocalist on this recording, but the current roster is more dialed than just about any hardcore/punk/crust band I've ever seen live - these dudes fucking live in the studio and it shows. Deeply personal and bitter lyrics (read "Head Wounds," fukkn shit!) that are searching, set to plainly ferocious music that. Last year's EP on Prank was a killer, but I was floored when I heard the LP recording...perfect marriage of evil hardcore, MOTORHEAD paced metal and brutal crust and it's still totally addictive.  I pulled this tape out as soon as I got home, and yeah, it fucking rules too.


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

i picked up the 7" at random a while back. liked it a lot. an lp sounds good!

the wizard said...

the LP sounds very very good...

Icky said...

Thanks for posting this. Been looking for a copy of this for awhile now, love these guys.
Got hipped to your blog via Aesop - lots of cool stuff here I'm gonna have to find the time to dig through!

If you wanna trade links, I'd be up for that...

Anonymous said...

Anyway you could re-upload this?

the wizard said...

re-upped