14 July 2009

I WANNA WANNA SHOCK TREATMENT

Bristol's SHOCK TREATMENT really packed in the value on their third demo. Two studio sessions (from 88 & 89) and sloppy drunken selections from a 1989 live show and rehearsals. These tracks are from the "Scrumpy Jack" session in 1989, and are raw bare bones UK punk, just like I like it. "Number 10" is a classic anti-Thatcher rant, and the whole demo is snotty and fucking pissed, great shits.

and on a side note:
Scrumpy sounds like something 80s Bristol punx would have loved, and these days you can buy it by name in inviting green plastic all over New Zealand: "an instant party starter and a favourite amongst our students!" Of course it is...

SCRUMPY JACK

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

got an eta on on re-upping the shock treatment links.

jeff

the wizard said...

Hey "jeff" - you can see that there's not a dead link in the post, but rather no link at all. This is meant to imply that there are no plans to re-up the links either because I cannot track down the originals or because I am focusing my time on continuing daily posts of new shit. Sorry to disappoint you.

Anonymous said...

bummed to hear that

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

hey jeff I have all there demos i'll send you copies of them on tape just cover the postage drop me a line and i'll get those copied for you cheers.

gabe

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

cannot track down the originals I have hard time believing that Robert i'm sure you know where all your tapes your just being a dick cus you can be

the wizard said...

Oh come on Gabe, I've got shit in boxes all over the place and other shit I've borrowed and returned, and other shit I've loaned to other people. I live in a glorified studio, and sometimes with a few thousand tapes, some of them are hard to lay hands on. But mostly, I'm concentrating my time on new posts, and I don't really have a lot of time. Not being a dick, just speaking honestly. Excellent that you have all of the tapes so you can sort Jeff out.