10 July 2009

MALICE

It's amazing how time can start slipping by...a few busy days and all of a sudden I haven't posted new music in almost a week...I'm sure that all four of you, who I probably talk to regularly anyway, are totally crushed. Since the FARCE demo went up, I learned that putting explosives in half full jars of vegan mayonnaise is not really a good idea (though it is indeed quite fun), and I was introduced to a brilliant band from Tennessee called AK 77. Their guitarist passed away far too young, but the split EP that was posthumously released in his honor made me fucking cry with hysterical laughter. We should all be so lucky to make people laugh their asses off after we are dead. Snag the AK 77/DEATH STATISTIC split if you can, too fucking bad it's not a tape, or I would post it here immediately, but a guy's gotta have standards, you know?

MALICE were from the UK, and according to our pal Hubs, who knows more than most of us do, this demo was released in 1982. I was 10 years old. These songs fucking KILL. It's all super solid UK punk, and the two live tracks give a taste of what we might have missed by not being older and...well, more English, but the highlight of the demo for me is "Faceless," which is as near a perfect punk song as I can imagine. It's as if these early 80s nobodys were channelling some lost DESCENDENTS song that was due to be released three years in the future on I Don't Want To Grow Up. I would get a tattoo of this song...is that possible? As always, if anyone has a clue what became of these dudes, or copies of any other recording....drop a line!
Enjoy...

MALICE

No comments: