10 December 2021

BEST MIX TAPE (EVER?)

I realize I've kinda been beating The Lost Decade to death this week, but goddamn can you image this dose of fire in the mail when you were 17 years old? I'm sure some of you can, but this shit would have melted my face - because it was all of the cool-at-the-time shit that I loved (at the time), but it was, like, the cooler iterations of all that cool shit. You've got LUNACHICKS, BABES IN TOYLAND, L7 (Peel Sessions from all three - the LUNACHICKS shit is just unstoppable), MAD SOCIETY, RAMONAS (they only had this one fukkn song, right?), a Darby Crash interview from 1980, REVILLOS, and HÜSKER DÜ audio from their appearance on The Today Show in the Warehouse era and 1979 demos that later appeared on the Savage Young Dü box). Oh yeah, and SOUNDGARDEN playing the two best songs on UltraMega OK live in Germany. This would have been gold to 1991 me, and I have to say that 2021 me is well chuffed. I swear I'll post some cool tapes (again), but it's just that these tapes are so....well, they're just so fucking cool. 

No comments: