13 April 2021

I LOVE RICH

 

Chicago's I LOVE RICH are, apparently and bizarrely, still an active band in 2021. Considering their roots as an insipid melodic punk power trio, it's genuinely difficult to imagine the experiment continuing (and evolving) for nearly thirty years...and yet here we are. Remember when grunge and punk bros started listening to Neil Young when he was on MTV with Pearl Jam? The guitarist here sounds like he was one of those bros, and it's a good ass sounding guitar. Picture a family tree that includes MUSCLE BITCHES and LUNKHEAD....I LOVE RICH is the lost cousin who moved to Skokie or some shit and you kinda forget about them until you talk to your aunt and she tells you what they're up to and you're like "oh shit - we have a cousin?!" Anyway, this came out in 1993. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really selling this one

the wizard said...

Drop me a line....

Richrd Stinks said...

This is one of those bands I absolutely KNOW I have seen. Probably at a Fireside matinee, but ya never know. I remember zero things about the music. We'll see how it sticks.

Drewblood said...

Rich and I formed the band in May 1993. It has been a continuous project for 28 solid years now. Our latest album "You Have the Right... To Remain, Sexy" is nearly complete. Be on the watch for it in Autumn, 2021. No member of the band has ever resided in Skokie, Il. We did however film an episode of "Rock My Ass" there. This can be found on YouTube for those who are internetally inclined.

www.iloverich.net

XOXO,
Drewblood