24 August 2018

WEST COAST CUM SARDINIA


This is one of the most genuinely interesting (to me) collections of artists that I have shared on The Escape. On what appears to be a compilation of live and/or field recordings made on a trip up/down North America's West Coast, West Coast Cum Sardinia takes listeners and/or followers from pan flute buskers to erratic electronic drenched powerviolence to shit-fi bedroom techno of the highest order. FAILINGS' brilliantly titled "Heavy Cathedral Goth" closes out the tape on a high note, but I will stop short of saying that it's my favorite track because all it did was inspire me to go back and re-listen to everything else. Other highlights include ELEGANT HUMANOID, PRESENT and CAPTAIN CAPTAIN, but all ten included artists make stellar and compelling offerings. 

This comes from the (gasp) family, and was purchased at the show last fall in Oakland....

No comments: