17 August 2018

SOUNDS FROM THE CESSPOOL


Region specific compilations are sick - especially when they document a time and/or scene, like Sounds From The Cesspool does. The title should tell you what you need to know, so I'll just say that there's enough here for everyone, and the quality of the presented tracks is almost without exception very excellent. There are a couple of shitters to be sure (44 bands - come on, what do you expect?!), but I got no plans to call them out because they might be your most favoritest bangers. Your taste might be way worse than mine, and that's totally fine!! Included personal highlights are: SOMETHING'S WRONG, KAKISTOCRACY, SUNSHINE SS, EXCESSIVE DEFIANCE, REAGAN'S BONES, JUST DIE! and ANGRY TRIBE (their track is so awkward, I can't fukkn stand it). Included genres and subgenres run the entire fukkn table, as it should be...region specific comps are, as I have already stated, sick. 




2 comments:

Harvester said...

Thank you! I lost my copy!

Unknown said...

I spent about an hour setting up to record this cassette over to mp3 for a friend of mine who doesnt fuck with tapes, then it occured to me to check the internet. Lo and behold, somebody did all the work already, and I'm sure it sounds better than it would coming from my shitey deck anyways. Thx a bunch!