21 May 2015

MASTERS OF EAR DESTRUCTION


Super tripped out German avant metalpunk from sometime in the late '80s (I'm guessing). The first track conjures serious Japanese thoughts (and thoughts of the highest echelon, if you know what I mean), and then the tape stands up and just kicks you in the ass. If there were a genre called "outsider thrash," then MOED would be the flag bearers, just super fukkn weird and manic crossover mania with songs like "Suck My Dick (your)," "Where's The Meat...." and "Fucking East." I have rarely listened to a band that gave a smaller fuck than these monkeys seem to give, and of course that's a quality that I appreciate and celebrate,. Get weird, my monkeys. 


1 comment:

redge said...

saw this band in Dusseldorf Germany in the 1990s.Heard them rehearse in old building and watched them play at a gig.Three piece i think.Punk like and a good name.Good lads.