08 February 2011

WEAK LINK


I snagged this from the clutches of a free box somewhere, expecting to take it home and have a laugh. I mean, clearly this sucks, right? The cover is cheesy as shit and seems like an indicator of what is sure to be an ill conceived and poorly executed attempt at hardcore as viewed by a bunch of meatheads. Plus, it came out of a free box, so someone already decided it was shit. I press play (in your case, you will double click the first song, unless you are a rebel and decide yo start with "Bullshit Evolution") and that guitar...the tone is just fukkn sick - so I keep listening, with decidedly more enthusiastic ears. WEAK LINK are not your typical free box fodder, they are tough as nails and zero nonsense hardcore punk. The cheesy cover I mentioned earlier might also belong to a band who know exactly what they want to do...a band who channel NEGATIVE APPROACH with every power chord. Best free score in ages.


4 comments:

Aesop said...

Okay, I'll bite. Cover reminds me a bit of this...


http://cosmichearse.blogspot.com/2010/05/seven-minute-workout.html

Anonymous said...

Im downloading this and wondering if this is Weak Link from St John's, Newfoundland.

Anonymous said...

Yup it is.

spoll said...

it's a known fact, the worst cover are often hidding the best music!!