14 April 2010

HEX


Fucking killer first demo from these dudes. I've got the Not The Promised Land demo posted here in case you missed it, and even though this one has been upped here and there previously, these tunes are just too good to not glorify. The guitar at the start of "Is This To Be..." totally reminds me of THE ALARM if they were punks (ok, maybe they were punks at first, but I'm talking about a punker version of THE ALARM's new wave shits) and then by the second tune HEX have settled into dark moody anarcho punk. Five tunes, clocking in at an imposing 21 minutes, but I assure you that from the raging guitar break two minutes into "...No Fairytale Ending" straight through to the disjointed stumbling ending to "As Others See It" that closes the tape, you will be enthralled.  You hear me? You won't just like this tape, you will be fucking enthralled.  Look it up if you want, but basically it means that you're gonna really really like it. Trust me.

6 comments:

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the wizard said...

seems weird that they would have pulled six tunes off the demo? I've got an original tape + cover (scanned and posted the track listing today) that only has the last 5 tunes from your post.

I've got that SHRAPNEL, will put it up soon.

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ratt said...

I don't really think band's released separate versions of their demos in the US and UK back in 1985, do you? In fact, I kinda doubt HEX "released" anything outside of the UK ever, much less a different version of their tape with half as many songs?
Regardless, I thank you Wizard for this tape (and all the others), and I thank you Gabe for the seemingly endless supply of files available at S.O.T.I. !!
Cheers N Beers!

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the wizard said...

re-upped