17 February 2012

WE DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING LAW! // WE DON'T WANT YOUR FUCKING WAR!


Terminal Escape turns 900 today. 900 cassettes lovingly converted into a soulless barrage of 00s and 01s just so you can enjoy the music on the tapes that fill the stairs, shelves, nooks and floors of my tiny flat and drive my wife batshit crazy. Seems appropriate to return to the UK punk that kicked my ass into starting this thing in the first place, and I happen to be sitting on a package mailed to me by a F.O.T.E. a while back containing two essential Mortarhate comps, 1983's We Don't Want Your Fucking War! and We Don't Want Your Fucking Law! released two years later. No introductions required, and yeah, I know the UPRIGHT CITIZENS song is missing...we can only work with the tools we are given, you know?


14 comments:

vinylpuma said...

Happy 900! Blasting through the LAW! tape now. Awesome.

The WAR! link isn't working for me though...

Anonymous said...

Both comps are in the download. Awesone stuff, these are
classics!

Anonymous said...

Binary (digital) information is actually '0' and '1' not '00' and '01'.

That's literally the first thing you've ever put in this blog that I disagreed with. Keep up the awesome work.

Harvester said...

Please send Karoline my condolences. I really appreciate what you're doing.

Yu Rim Chung said...

Better be a big celebration after the next 100!

Maybe even buy yourself a few more shelving units, hahaha.

NO BEAST SO FIERCE said...

Awesome. Congrats!

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

i'm not allowed to leave even good comments

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

you make it hard to be nice too

Unknown said...

why no go?

the wizard said...

Link repaired...

listening said...

blocked again...
but thanks for putting this up! and thanks for the 1000 others!

Anonymous said...

First off, excellent blog - the work you do is really appreciated! Especially by this old punk up in the Yukon. Now, the question - any chance of getting these re-upped? I stupidly ignored purchasing these years ago, and would love a chance to get even digital copies. Thanks - Atis

Anonymous said...

If you already got a comment from me, my apologies. I am just not sure if it actually worked previously. I just wanted to say (again) thank you so much for what you are doing here on this blog, it is very much appreciated, especially by this old punk up in the Yukon. Now, the inevitable "please can you..." question - any chance on a re-up of these comps? I really should have bought them ages ago, but never did...

the wizard said...

Thanks for the kind words, but every time I try this link it works just fine. Curious. Not sure what the problem is, but this link has been pulled a few times now, so if it goes away agin then I'm just going to consider it gone. Cheers- Mgmnt.