26 December 2019

NME


No excuses here, just sharing as a document. And I figure it's vaguely interesting....as a document. I had never heard or heard of this band until I ripped this 1995 demo, and it left me mostly with questions. Musically there are merits; there's some rough and nasty hardcore punk...and I like rough and nasty hardcore punk. There's a SoCal surf/bro tinge masked as tongue-in-cheek dude humor ("Eating Tacos (With My Vatos)" as an example) that I can live without, but I was also around in the mid-'90s so I am well aware that this was ubiquitous if not unavoidable, and especially on the West Coast. Most of the lyrics are stupid (I am a bloody stinky punk limey. I don't care about the system especially about your money - I got spikey hair and I'll stick it in your head. I don't even care about your mommy. I play in a punk rock band. - from "Bloody Punk Rocker"), but that goes along with the overall but notably less intelligent SOCKEYE vibe and is therefore to be expected. Tracks like "S.M.D. (Suck My Dick)" can seriously go fukk themselves, they aren't even funny given the "context" of hindsight....but hey: DIY punk in the '90s (insert a shrugging dude emoji here). But isn't the most amazing part of this is that the band who dropped this Fetus Feast demo 24 years ago appear to have been active as recently as last year?


No comments: