23 October 2018

VANESSA ROSSETTO


Another score from last month's SFEMF, the performance from VANESSA ROSSETTO was a mind numbing collage of found and manipulated sound presented with carefully constructed electronics and hand crafted instrumentation in front of a massive and bleak video assemblage. As I watched her calmly rise from her seat when she was finished, it didn't seem as if I was watching someone who was proud of what they had done, rather it seemed like Vanessa had simply done what she had to do....like this was her calling. It was an incredibly intense moment, and it translates well to her recorded works. Recommended for deep listening. 

This cassette introduced me, and led me, to Philadelphia's No Rent Records. I recommend getting lost with and in their releases as I did. 


No comments: