23 November 2012

THE BOSS OF FINLAND


The art of the mix tape has perhaps gone the way of the playlist, and while it's true that assembling a nice playlist might take a fraction of the time and errors in judgement are quickly rectified, an organized list of files will never take the place of a well crafted cassette. I started putting this cassette together yesterday afternoon for a friend of mine in Europe, a friend who already owns all of the records. The result is a collection of primarily lesser known and under appreciated bands, my attempt to throw him a curve ball or two. I got distracted (focus is a key component of mix tape construction), but dove into the second side after I had a pretty good heat on last night. No problem sharing it here first, since this tape's intended recipient doesn't bother downloading music on the internet - since he already owns all of the records.

8 comments:

tmac said...

Stoked on this mixtape and the fast loud USHC mix. They've introduced/re-introduced me to a lot of "classic" stuff that gets lost in the whirl of the year-to-year punk sounds. Thanks for the digestibly organized must-knows!

zhollows said...

Quite a curve ball for those who don't own all of the records. Excellent mix tape sir. Perfect actually. Thanks for sharing!

zhollows said...

PS: Excellent choice of including White Trash Superman. "Couldn't (If I Tried)" Seriously one the catchiest songs ever recorded.

tmac said...

Oh yeah, stoked on the Diet of Worms, too. Just picked up their 7inch here in OKC a few days ago. SNATCHED.

Skunk El Paco said...

Wow, Diet of Worms blow my fucking mind but when I try to find more by them online all I find is some lame indieband. Please post more D.O.W!

Skunk El Paco said...

Diet of Worms blows my fucking mind out my arse. Please post more!!! Can't find it anywhere else.

the wizard said...

Diet Of Worms rule, and their sole vinyl release was shared early in Terminal Escape's life. Peruse the archives!

Oski said...

Hi Wizard, I've been a big fan of this blog, 80 percent of mi music comes from this blog, I've recently lost my computer and I lost ALL my music, so I decided to get the most important back, please could you upload this link? I'' be so happy, cheers