15 December 2017

A COMPILATION, VOLUME 2: THE BAY AREA


Snagged this compilation when it came out in 2012 and it's been a regular staple ever since. Ten electronic, dance and dark synth artists, crowded in the more experimental end of the aural spectrum.  Personal favorites are GROUP RHODA, BRANDON NICKELL, the SURVIVE-esque SSLEEPINGDESIRESS and DESIGN, but I only find one dismissible track in the entire collection. Sweating Tapes appear to have ceased operations, but if only for exposing to me to DEATHDAY and AROHAN I owe them thanks. This comp (and the initial volume, featuring Portland artists) is the icing on the dancefloor. 



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog is a goldmine to my ears… Thanks so much for sharing all these. I have been listening to hundreds of them already and I enjoyed every single piece of it! Peace and hardcore