15 May 2011

SICKOIDS


I was fortunate to see the second SICKOIDS show in April, and I was sufficiently floored. They have clearly spent some serious time studying the guitar tones of the '80s greats, and have managed to combine classic Midwest hardcore and UK anarcho punk into one magical tone that shines through even on this rough demo recording. The SICKOIDS' sound lands nearby - with elements of legendary US hardcore colliding with modern melody and an approach clearly rooted in UK punk (PENI is heavily represented in most aspects of this recording, even the US hardcore bits). The players here are top notch (members of WITCH HUNT, DIRECT CONTROL, GOVERNMENT WARNING and CRACKS, among others), but previous bands be damned when I heard this shit, and this demo just serves to make me excited for future vinyl releases. 


I did a little maintenance today, fixing some posts from the early days of The Escape. I was recently with a friend who had downloaded the MALICE demo from this site, and I was struck by how shit it sounded...I've gotten (a little) better at this since I started, and that demo deserves proper treatment. Thus, MALICE has been re-ripped and re-zipped for your downloading and listening pleasure. You will also find repairs to the broken links for two other early posts, T.V.O.D. and FARCE

4 comments:

Clint B said...

Played with them Sunday night in Brooklyn. fuck yeah.

Honquijote said...

Thanks for the post...

Blake said...

Any chance you can relink this one? I would be very grateful.

the wizard said...

re-upped