07 November 2010

YOUTH AVOIDERS


I really should have slipped this into French Punk Week, but I got blinded by all that great '80s shit and YOUTH AVOIDERS totally slipped my mind. Better late than never - sink your ears into these adrenaline fueled garage punk rippers. There's enough hooks to last you another week, and the energy level is through the roof from start to finish. There's a laundry list of cool and/or hyped bands that play this style not even half as well, and if there is any justice in the world (there isn't, in case you were wondering...or just optimistic) the 'in' crowd will be murmuring about YOUTH AVOIDERS instead of just wailing about the latest boner jams they think will get them laid. In fact, if there is any justice in the world, then these songs will get you laid. Today. Just by listening to them. 


6 comments:

joel said...

robert, you and aesop over at the hearse are like a one-two punch of awesome writeups about awesome recordings. a one-two punch of one-two punches, as it were. thank you for helping provide my usrda of awesome.

Anonymous said...

How About Doing English Punk Week That Would Cool As Well.

Anonymous said...

I downloaded this purely because I need to get laid something bad.

This rules! this blogspot never disappoints, KUDOS!

SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENTS said...

"Dyslexia strikes again" i meant to say i'm with Anonymous how about uk punk week that would be cool.

the wizard said...

Joel - it's my pleasure, but The Escape will always live in the shadow of Cosmic Hearse. Aesop is unparalleled in the writing department, and scavenges releases from the far corners of the musical and geographical spectrum like no one else.

And Gabe - you'd be happy if EVERY week was UK punk week!! But don't worry, there's always more coming...though honestly now my UK backstock is starting to dwindle. I might start leaning towards US and Japan - I can only post what I have.

Cheers

jason said...

I keep coming back to this demo -- thanks for posting it.