30 November 2022

CRUCIFUCKS

 



It's not as if I never appreciated Michigan's realest punk export, and it's not like I didn't understand them. But it's interesting (to me) that I didn't really get CRUCIFUCKS until I was a fifty year old adult. Their I Am The Establishment demo from 1982 is one of the punkest recordings I've ever known and when I was bumping the murky Das Boots tape earlier this year everything just....clicked. And I understood. 

I AM THE ESTABLISHMENT

I estimated your worth today 

And I'm not gonna listen to what you say 

And I'm never going to go back to work 

You're not my boss, he's a fucking jerk 

• 

You can go out of business for all I care 

Your way of life isn't going anywhere 

I'm not stupid and I won't be led 

By pricks like you who'd be better off dead

You're pathetic, you're disgusting

You make me sick

I estimated your worth today...you're shit.


No comments: