19 November 2022

FRANK'S ENEMY

 

I confess that I wasn't expecting FRANK'S ENEMY when I popped it in. Florida death metal from the mid 1990s? Sure, I got this. Then "Human Reich" launched its putrid assault and I felt the skin slowly peeling off of my face as they blasted and...and here we go. "Torturer." "Cauldron." "Imbecile Factory." The sonic timbre is a constant warning that FRANK'S ENEMY are only going to get filthier, and they get weirder too - "Cannibalized" has a nauseating churn, and I feel like the sounds have as much in common with IMMORTAL FATE as with standard Florida death metal...then check the guitar in the 7+ minute "In Answer" and know that you're listening to sounds from another realm.

NEOBLASPHEMIES
•••••
Worth Noting:
1. The tape ends with a truly bizarre funk / metal / grind number.
2. FRANK'S ENEMY are still active today.
3. The band was, and is, Christian. 

No comments: