14 March 2022

FILAMENTS.

 

A few months back, folks from Oklahoma City's FILAMENTS joked about sending me a copy of this tape. I openly bow at the altar of many of their other projects (CROSS BREAKER, DRUJ, FUCKHEADS, PRIMAL BRAIN, CRUTCH and others) but they thought I would hate this band. Even with that context, I wasn't prepared for what happened when I popped in Forgetting To Sleep, Dreaming To Forget - it's amazing. To be clear, it's not going to be a thing that I listen to with any frequency, but there's no rational way to avoid acknowledging that it's great. Radio ready commercial pop punk a la fellow Oklahomans ALL AMERICAN REJECTS, with a killer GBV cover to close out the tape.  I figured it would be good based solely on the responsible parties, but I really  didn't know what I was getting into. This is summertime, windows down driving into the horizon just so you can feel the breeze,  and the best catchy pop song come on the radio and you don't even care who's watching. 

No comments: