08 March 2022

BLUEPRINT



Philly's BLUEPRINT had moved on before they moved into my orbit, which gave me the opportunity to soak up the entire catalog at once. I recommend starting with "Dissonance," from their first release The Asterisk Era - burly, furious, intent and tragically on point USHC that is immediately followed by a squirm inducing bass intro that starts "In My Head" and you want to just slither everything to pieces. Vocals are painful and gnarled and the band just sounds so full and massive all the way through...execution is absolutely key here, and the execution is flawless. Good news for you (as it was for me) as you dig into the rest of their output? BLUEPRINT just got better until they (digitally) dropped Sophisticated Ignorance a couple of months ago...and then that was it - I guess the hottest ones burn fast and bright. 





 

No comments: