01 March 2022

30 June 1987

I know that some of these recordings just turn into white noise in the cacaphonic din of sounds available on the internet. But some enjoy time travel. And 1987, for all of the abstract fear of nuclear winter and very rational detestation of the foundation that the yuppie class were laying (and even so, we seriously had no idea)...with 2022 hindsight, 1987 seems like a fucking dream. So step back and fall in without falling in line, and check Pat Wright ruling KALX on an evening in June, 35 years ago. Spinning WIRE, THE RUB, TIN STAR, THE EX and a new (to me) should-have-been anthems from RYAN RAYA ("Don't Give Up") and THE RUB ("My Life Is A Downer"). You can step back into current reality when "12XU" cuts off after 22 seconds....but you don't have to. It kinda sucks right now. 

1 comment:

deadfish said...

Hi I like to come here once in a while, and the fact that you still posting is really motivating me on a personal level. Thanks!