11 March 2022

US HARDCORE

Full Disclosure: I've been out of town for a couple of weeks and all of the posts since February 26th or so were cranked out in a couple of (somewhat) drunken evenings.  So if the world has ended between than and now and I fell into a deep and hopeless crevasse and couldn't update this very important blog, then I guess I apologize for not being more on top of the current situation but....well, as I said, I'm in a crevasse. You should probably send help, because I've got a lot of killer tapes to rip when I get home and I probably picked up more on this little trip but you'll never know unless you get me out of this fucking crevasse. In the past, however, I'm just here cringing at all of the pearl clutching from people who didn't say shit when it was people who didn't look like them (whatever the fuck that means) and wishing that the world were actually as simple as a kid taping a bunch of hardcore off of the radio in St. Louis in 1984, thinking everyone else was as pissed and alone as they were. 


Who knows what that (this) kid was actually thinking when they pressed RECORD that night and captured part of an episode of Faster & Louder, but what they got was 80+ minutes of flawless hardcore punk from the united states of america. There's a lot to not like here (in the united states of america), but goddamn we've had a few killer hardcore bands, and this tape is like the '80s version of a screen shot capturing the best of them. Also, the DJ signing off by saying you should go to Mississippi Nights and have lots of fun listening to BLACK FLAG "and SACCHARINE TRUST, who I think will probably be better than BLACK FLAG." Dude knew what was up.

No comments: