03 January 2022

THE EXSENADORS // ANINOKO

 

Earlier today I saw that the folks at Aklasan Records updated their distro with some essential releases from the Philippines, and figured it was an excellent time to remind myself (and you) how excellent this short split tape from 2016 sounds. Two absolute burners from ANINOKO - I've said before that they may be the might be the most important band in the Bay Area and I'll say it here again. And "Tanginamo Trump" may have been written at the beginning of the collapse, but it serves as a searing warning gone unheeded half a decade later - and 2018's Ugat was absolutely one of the best records I heard that year. Long running Filipino band THE EXSENADORS drop two killer bombs of their own, wildly catchy street punk that delivers the hooks of DEAD HERO with the churning fury of bands like MANKIND? or THE PIST with a nice noise piece at the end of their side. Not surprisingly, the new tape is one of the essentials I'm about to grab from Aklasan...one of many. Punk is important, and it's nice when something punches you in the face to remind you. 

No comments: