06 August 2019

DELROY WILSON


I'm just going to say that literally every time I listen to reggae and enjoy it, I feel like I owe an apology to Peter Hirseland of SUNDAY MORNING EINSTEINS, whose knowledge and love of the genre goes extremely deep, and who was on the receiving end of an unfortunately relentless barrage of disparaging comments about reggae (in general) from me on our three tours together. I understand his reluctance to move to educate me...I mean, I was a shit talking little kid (OK - young adult, but the point is still essentially the same) so I understand his reluctance. But it's important to develop an appreciation for this shit - it's the root of all of it. And even though the title says Original Twelve, I can assure you that DELROY WILSON offered many more than a dozen tracks that are worth your time. 


No comments: