22 January 2023



A couple of years ago a coworker said he was going to throw out a bunch of records a friend had left at his house - I said I'd take them just in case because, well..it's probably all crap but you just never know, and I'm happy to chuck it all after a little dig if it is, in fact, garbage. A small crate of Jamaican press reggae and dancehall 45s later my record shelves were a little more rounded and my coworker netted a few bucks even though most of it was, in fact, garbage. A couple of weeks ago a different coworker said he was going to purge a bunch of cassettes - I said I'd take them just in case because, well...it's probably all crap but you just never know, and I'm happy to chuck it all after a little dig if it is, in fact, garbage. Let the 2005 demo from NØ be the first (of many) reasons why you should always ask your friends (and coworkers) to let you dig through their tapes before they head to the garbage (or the thrift store). 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Fucken love the way you write about these finds. I find myself stymied that I'm belly-laughing at a punk/rock blog post. But, ..... here we are.