25 January 2023

CATAPULT

 

Today is Karoline's birthday, so you should tell her she's pretty cool if you know her. If you don't know her, well...you probably should. Your world would be better for it if you did. You might be asking yourself what Karoline and CATAPULT have in common, and I admit that it probably seems like a bit of a stretch. Karoline is from Wisconsin, CATAPULT were from Las Vegas. Karoline is a person, CATAPULT were a band. BUT (and hear me out here): CATAPULT sound like they should have been on a Very Small Records comp (hell, they might have even been on one - there were so many bands on those comps, who can keep track?!), and Karoline had a lot of Very Small Records comps. CATAPULT sound kinda quirky and weird, and Karoline is pretty quirky and...well, you know what I mean. Did they ever know each other? I have no clue. But CATAPULT released this tape in 1997 and that's the year Karoline married me. I'm glad she did, and I hope she has a lot more birthdays. Also, I only remember this band from the LEAP FROM SOCIETY split, but this shit really holds up and I think I need to track down their records. So many things came out of the '90s that are addictive, totally unique and generally (also genuinely) amazing. Yeah...you know what I'm gonna say next, so I'll spare you. 



1 comment:

rev.b said...

Happy Karoline Day to Karoline! You're right, I don't know her, but I also never considered Caroline with a K, so it seems obvious that I'd be in a better place if I did. Can't imagine Catapult could be near as swell, but they are channeling a PBR can so they must be ok. So thanks for this,,but more importantly, Happy Karoline Day! She deserves a day, doesn't she? Maybe we'll all have a day someday.