27 September 2020

VEIL

 


I remember some folks going all googoo gaga over this VEIL demo when it came out a few years ago. It's not that I wasn't a fan, I was just struck by how so many of my initial thoughts and potential comparisons references somewhat polarizing bands...bands who were often the subject of scorn and/or dismissal. So I'll keep those comparisons, even the ones that leap off the tape, to myself and leave these five songs to speak for themselves. And they don't just speak - they shout. Melodic, aggressive, steady, determined, forceful Midwest punk, fronted by formidable set of pipes and steered by a guitar borrowed from a different century. "Stay In Line" is the choice cut, so instantly familiar that you feel like you've just discovered a hidden outtake from a band that has been with you forever. 



No comments: