18 September 2020

PRESIDENT FETCH

 

Only four songs here, probably as a (then) advance for PRESIDENT FETCH's 1987 cassette debut. Ripping European hardcore that somehow owes equally to HEIBEL and Fresh Fruit-era DKs, this band flies well under the radar, and the first recordings capture them while they were still raw. The first LP is great, and I love the Mould tinge on the guitars on the later recordings, but the piercing chorus on "Bestial" here is a thing of pure beauty. 

PRESIDENT FETCH

edit: These tracks were used on the Pass The Elixer compilation, which was recently shared by (and fucking co-curated by) the folks at the excellent Freedom Has No Bounds blog. 


3 comments:

bat29 said...

Not an advance tape. That tape of Danish bands was sent to me by a guy who was, and still is, a member of President Fetch and was a member of Misanthropic Charity at the same time, for use on a compilation tape I was putting together called Pass The Elixer. I used the four President Fetch songs and the Misanthropic Charity songs. I was planning to use some of the other bands on a second comp. tape but never go that far. I did release the full President Fetch tape in the US on my Elixir Tapes. https://www.discogs.com/Various-Pass-The-Elixer/release/11743672

bat29 said...

Pass The Elixer was recently posted on my friends blog: http://freedomhasnobounds.com/2020/06/26/pass-the-elixer-compilation/

the wizard said...

Nice - thank you for the info, the context...hell, for the damn tape itself!