13 September 2020

FLASHER


I feel like I'm constantly behind. Beyond the things that I haven't even set my sights on yet, or are still completely outside of my field of vision, there is the backlog of things in my "possession" that are waiting to be discovered.  The search is constant, the reward is consistent, and I am completely content being a seeker. It still excites me. And when I spend time with a tape from 2016 for the first time in 2020 (to be fair - I listened to this tape upon receipt, but there's a distinct difference between listening to and spending time with) it may only intensify the experience. The excitement. The, I'll admit it, anxiety that comes with wondering "how much more is there?!" In the case of FLASHER, there is quite a bit and I inhaled it. Bits of DASHER, bits of JOY DIVISION, bits of IS/IS and assorted dream pop....it's pure and honest fuzzed out bliss. Catching up is an excellent past time. 


No comments: