08 April 2019

LIFE CHAIN


Yesterday I posted a HOLY MONEY demo from 2014. HOLY MONEY were from Texas. A few years ago I posted a different HOLY MONEY demo that was also from 2014 and was also really good (I mean, that's why I posted it). A few years ago I posted a LIFE CHAIN demo from 2014. LIFE CHAIN were from Halifax. A few years ago I posted a different LIFE CHAIN demo that was also from 2014 and was also really good (see earlier parenthetical comment). I'm not sure if there's a theme brewing here, but if you're into bands who released two or more ripping cassette in 2014, then I recommend LIFE CHAIN. One time they were playing a festival in Oakland and I was late but I really wanted to see them play so I rolled up anyway. It wasn't a cheap festival, but I dropped $30 and walked into the back room just as LIFE CHAIN were about to play. I lost my shit. They were great. Then shortly after the next band started there was a stupid fight and I thought "this is stupid, and LIFE CHAIN were fukkn great," so I just went home and didn't feel even remotely ripped off. $30 well spent. My point is that bands who released two (or more) crucial demos in 2014 should be noticed and appreciated. LIFE CHAIN is one of those bands.


No comments: