24 August 2017

CROSSCHECK


This is where I wax nostalgic about the '90s, right? This is where I say that the lack of rules and norms (and even division/s?) allowed bands more space for originality. This is where I say that even records that don't necessarily "hold up" musically two decades later still resonate because there's an undefinable real-ness that it is quite honestly hard(er) to find today. But....this one holds up. Massive and earnest mid paced ChicagoLand (note: actually Quad Cities - my mistake) hardcore - three tracks released as the Persist EP in 1995. What makes you better than me? What makes me better than you? If we can't all get along, then we're through.


2 comments:

Mickey Nolan said...

Hey this band was actually from the Quad Cities, 3 hours due west on the Mississippi river. They were great.

the wizard said...

OOPS!!!