21 September 2012

OUTRAGE


South Africa is one of the most powerful places I've ever been, and I cannot even imagine living there during my adolescence. And to be outspoken political punks in South Africa in the years immediately following the fall of apartheid? A heavy time in a very heavy place. Musically, OUTRAGE dish out spastic bursts of uncompromisingly political dual vocal anarcho punk that has more in common with '80s UK than anything else, but there is a pervasive edge to the band and their sound. Some of that edge can be easily attributed to ineptitude, but I like to think that some part of Johannesburg has managed to work it's way into their sound. I'm rambling....international punk is important. That's all.



3 comments:

Blacktooth said...

This shit is like Crass and DRI moshing at a thrash-metal pro-choice rally. I wanna slam dance with a CAUSE!!! Thanks for the post!

Anonymous said...

it's down :(

the wizard said...

re-upped