03 June 2015

RACCOON


A couple of years ago my pal Layla gave me this tape because she thought I would like it. Earlier today, Layla and I today contemplated (at length) the redeeming qualities of no-fi grind purveyors COLOSTOMY BAGUETTE? and for years we have extrapolated on greats like THE DECAY and AFTERBIRTH - we see the appeal of legitimately bad music that is without merit. Now go revisit that first sentence: my pal Layla gave me this tape because she thought I would like it. RACCOON are bad in every imaginable way...I mean, maybe "Sit On My Face" is kindof a decent punk song, but this shit is basically terrible and shitty. And yeah, it rules. You wonder why it's happening at all, much less in your earholes. You're welcome.

3 comments:

Dk said...

Raccoons are deaf, right? No, they're blind ...no, that's Bats or is it Owls? ...shit ....what? - this demo gave me those thoughts and the whole world should know ...the answer.

All I Want Is Two said...

RIP Kaos from Afterbirth. In case you were wondering what Celestial is up to, behold:

http://www.wordishure.com/author.htm

Scumbag is, of course, still totally cool.

Anonymous said...

There is a 2nd tape...I'll send one if I can remember wherevi put them. This review gives me hope.
-Rocky