15 June 2023

PALÁNTA

 

You know the feeling when a band just sounds fun? Like the songs are good and they kick you in the ass but mostly you just think "fuuuuck I bet this would be a blast live!" Well folks, meet Budapest quintet PALÁNTA - hard swinging, feisty, psyched-out Hungarian punk drenched in keyboards are ready to absolutely level the joint. "Ehseg" is the summer party jam you never knew you needed, and I'm struck by how much this reminds me of the first time I heard GORILLA ANGREB (I was drunk in Malmö, spring 2003). The two bands sound nothing alike, but the it's the way neither fits into any mold past or present and the way both go hard without trying to be or sound anything other than what they are. That sentence as a descriptor is more esoteric than helpful, but I'm just gonna hope that you, studied visitor, are going to know what I mean...PALÁNTA might just be a once in a (punk) generation band. 

1 comment:

OhioBlake said...

Dude, this is just awesome. Really undescribable as a specific genre of whatever, which makes it all that better. I haven't stumbled on something so weird and out-there in a minute. Thanks!