30 June 2023

FRENTE ARTISTAS EN LA RESISTENCIA

 



The only band I was familiar with before popping this tape in was CUCSIFAE, and by now you surely know me well enough to know that I'm gonna be stoked to dig into ten new (to me) turn of the century Argentinean political hardcore bands. Frente... is all over the place in the right way/s - catchy punk with razor thin guitars (and reggae breakdowns) from LAGRIMAS DE SANGRE, metallic hardcore chugs from O.D.R. and chaotic snarling fastcore rippers from PASO DEL REY. There's the aforementioned CUCSIFAE, whose dreamy punk is still infectious as hell to me, DISIDENCIA (ripping metallic 'hc), MATERIA FECAL who land like KILSLUG by-way-of NIRVANA (and might be the nicest surprise on the tape, and MOVIL VISSION. See....? This is exactly what I want in a compilation - and especially a region (or country) specific comp. JUAN PEREZ (melodic street punk), ASESINATO EN MASA (metalcore churns make another appearance), and addictive punk from TERRIBLES YE YES wind down Frente de Artistas en la Resistencia and then two wild hardcore-meets-RATM tracks from ANALISIS finish the job. To pop in a twenty plus year old comp filled almost entirely with new (to me) bands is still fukkn exciting - and when they're all good? Well, that's the shit that keeps me coming back.

No comments: