30 September 2009

PAXTON QUIGGLY

The San Francisco Bay Area was a really good place to see punk and hardcore bands in the late 80s and early 90s (it is now as well, but that fact doesn't relate to the point I am trying to make regarding the scene here 17 or so years ago and that scene's relationship to the tape I am posting this evening/morning).  ECONOCHRIST, BOMB, GRIMPLE, SPITBOY, FUCKBOYZ and the list goes on...I wish I had been here, but I didn't make it out until 1995ish.  I saw the PAXTON QUIGGLY shirts long before I ever heard the band.  In fact, before I ever heard them I played a show in Santa Fe, New Mexico that got iced over (as in everyone at the show had to stay in Santa Fe that night because every road out of town was closed and my band stayed with a load of people cooking crack, it was awesome) in 1997 with I SORE, featuring a member of PAXTON QUIGGLY.  I SORE was good, but PAXTON QUIGGLY is fucking brilliant.  This demo is East Bay punk in a nutshell...melodic but never poppy, aggressive but never macho, just perfect hardcore.  It's Wednesday, why not do yourself a favor?

6 comments:

NĂ˜ said...

Just wanted to say thanks for this. Had this demos but a 'friend' stole it. Back in February kennyhel77 over at Days of Our Youth asked for SF Bay Area punk requests & I asked for this but no response, so I've been vaguely keeping an eye out. Was looking through some of your archives, & voila... Thanks again.

yellow.eyes said...

Just saw you posted this...one of my all time faves...still have my shirt...I'll wear it to band practice someday

jackson said...

thanks for this!!!

James TB said...

Could you pretty please re-upload this tape? I am a huge fan of P.Q., never even knew of this tape.
Here is a link to their 7'' i ripped:
https://mobius8radar.opendrive.com/files?OV8yMjcwNjYzOV8zVGl4Zw

the wizard said...

re-upped

getnasty said...

dude your amazing posts have changed my life, especially this one. I dont know how id even be here without blogs like yours