19 December 2022

ELECTRIC CITY FUCK YOU

 

I received an email a few months ago from the folks at Brain Slash Records. They had an ECFU discography cassette in the works and "heard you were the only person who would care" and would I like a copy. I responded  that while I doubted I was the only person who would care, I was one person who would care. And then this burner appeared on my porch a few days later. I first posted the demo in 2009, just a few of months after Terminal Escape started, and now this reissue includes the band's last show,  captured in 2005. I was gonna say "snotty hardcore punk has never sounded this good" or something stupid like that, but obviously it has sounded this good before (even better, to be honest)...there's just something about this shit that clicks with me. Of course they weren't the best, but that was never the fukkn point. 

No comments: