11 December 2022

ABYSS

 


I like when just listening to a tape exhausts me. Just sitting in a chair and blasting Heretical Anatomy takes effort, and at the close of "When Death Mates With Life" I just feel drained. I don't know if I can think of a finer example of grinding punkdeathcrust, and I've mentioned before that there's just something different when punks shift gears. ABYSS are undeniably a metal band, but you can absolutely hear where they came from...especially on their early releases (this is the second, I believe?). If the full length on 20 Buck Spin (also titled Heretical Anatomy) is a clinic, then this tape is a fucking detonation. ABYSS never fukkn stop, and I want to listen to "Atavistic Decay" ten times in a row before I go to work. I'll be exhausted, of course...but it'll be worth it. 


No comments: