02 September 2022

FOR NO MATTER HOW I DREAM IT ALWAYS MAKES ME CRY

 

Loathed Sound was a special label. So many re-introductions and new discoveries came from their releases, and when I saw a new update I would never debate which one/s to get - I just got them all (the Lou Reed was an exception, but I already wrote about that). Their mix tapes are things of wonder, and this one soars to new heights with off the books cuts from ARTHUR LEE, PHILIP COHRAN, YOKO ONO and YUSEF LATEEF. The version of "Mama Said" from THE NEXT FIVE sounds ripped from the pages of a '60s teen mag, standing in stark contrast to the lumbering baritone in THE COSMIC RAYS' "Dreaming," which features the casually devastating line this tape uses as its title. LOREN CONORS, OAKLAND ELEMENTARY SCHOOL ARKESTRA...and there's more. Loathed Sound outdid themselves with For No Matter How I Dream..., and their efforts are (still) appreciated. 

No comments: