24 February 2021

TRADEMARK

 

If you look back at flyers for early '90s DIY shows in Wisconsin, you'll see the name TRADEMARK a lot - and since many of those shows were attended (or organized) by my wife, I have seen their name more than most over the past 25 years. Until I got a loaner package from Dug a couple of weeks ago I had never heard the band, but now I've had the clunky chorus to "Trendy Rebels" stuck in my head and there seems to be no relief aside from the hopelessly damaged guitar that kicks the breakdown in "World Disaster." Walkin The Dogma is a blur...a loose, earnest (read: honest), chaotic punk attack created by a bunch of kids. There are moments that are just blistering Midwestern hardcore punk ("Nightmare Of Confusion" is probably the purest example), but TRADEMARK go off on weird tangents, often trying to play material they don't have the chops to pull off in the process....and that's what made this listen worth the wait. Thanks Dug, and visitors will be happy to know there are still more than a dozen relics waiting in that loaner package. 


Yes, CAREER SUICIDE used the same nuns a decade (plus) later. 


No comments: